Tuesday, September 13, 2016

If I was a better writer, this would be easier...

I'm a Proud Daddy

I'm proud of my Daughter Rose for so many reasons that are too numerous to list here but what I want to talk about today is her career as a chef.

For those who don't know her, she is the personal chef for Al Horford, the Forward/Center of the Atlanta Hawks, and his wife and child. He went free agent and signed with Boston.

Rose had a choice to make, whether to stay here and pass up an opportunity of a lifetime and feel safe a secure or move to Boston for more money and a new life in a new city. She chose the latter.

I couldn't help her with this decision except telling to hold out for the best offer because anything more will show her I will miss her terribly. 

We have lots of history

Rose's Mother and I were divorced when she was only about a year and a half old. Soon after the divorce, I realized my poor decision to not fight for custody so I went for it and at the age of 3 years and 2 months, Rosie came to live with me full time. That was 1976 and we have been together ever since.

When she was in High School she was voted Most Unique. I don't know about you but I don't care about all the other 'Most' titles but to be the Most Unique, how good is that!

Unique describes Rose perfectly. She is one of a kind. Ask any of the hundreds of people she has helped while running a homeless shelter here in Atlanta or any of her many many friends. She also spent a year in South Africa helping with the street kids as part of her affiliation with the shelter here.

While my Mother was going through her health issues that finally led to her death in 2011, Rose was there to take her to appointments and was there with her at the end.

Yes, I will miss her

This is the hard part. I want her to go and experience all that life has to offer because to not to would be selfish. I will miss her and we will go visit every chance we can. I've been to Boston several times but only for business. Maybe she can show us the sites.

I'll miss you Rosie and will always be thinking about you.

Godspeed Rosie, Godspeed...


3 comments:

  1. Thanks Holly, glad to see you and meet Bob

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you, Daddy!!!! I’m a proud daughter and I’m grateful you’re my dad! I treasure your words and thoughts. I miss you guys sooooo much!!!! Come visit soon!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are totally welcome so please comment away.